COVID-19 Crisis: Local Bin Collection
Due to COVID-19, Colchester Borough Council has stopped collecting recycled waste, but to combat an overflow of waste, CSH are offering a recycling bag collection service to residents throughout the Borough of Colchester.
Coronavirus: CSH are providing recycling waste collections
In line with government guidelines, we want to reassure residents that we are doing all we can to ensure your safety and ours. So in order to maintain social distance, we are designating rubbish drop-off points where residents can dispose of waste, straight into our waste collection trucks.
When using our COVID-19 bin collection service, please remember to:
- Be prompt when disposing of waste
- Remain 2 metres away from others
- Wash your hands when you re-enter your home
- Wear a mask/gloves (if available to you) for extra protection
How we support contact-free collections:
- We’re closely monitoring the health of our staff
- Gloves and masks will be worn
- We will not ask for your signature but will sign for you, upon completion of service
- Our trucks are equipped with hand sanitiser
- Our team will maintain a 2-metre distance on collection
Our one-off ad hoc waste collection service:
- It’s a £10 fee including VAT
- We’ll donate £1 to Colchester Food Bank with every order that’s placed
- We will take away your recycling
- Your waste will be managed by reliable professionals
Materials we’ll recycle:
Whilst we’re concerned about our health and leaving our homes, the last thing we want is the added stress of being surrounded by rubbish – this is why CSH is running one-off ad hoc recycling bag collection.
Given the current climate, we understand that the health of the public is vital, which is why we have put in measures to protect you and our staff, whilst looking after the environment. For more information about how we’re currently operating, please contact our friendly team – we’re more than happy to assist.back to latest news