Preparing for Your Skip
Hiring a skip has never been easier, thanks to CSH Environmental.
We’re prepared to take away any amount of waste, all you have to do is let us know what size of skip you require. It’s recommended that domestic users opt for smaller skips between 4 and 8 yards but larger skips are available depending on your project at hand. And for our commercial customers, we can provide skips up to 40 yards, which means there’s something for everyone.
Once we’ve agreed on the right size of skip you require, we will organise a time and date that best suits you so we can deliver your skip. But before we drop off your skip, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that delivery runs smoothly.
What to do before your skip arrives
When preparing for a skip, you should:
- Let us know if your street or road is particularly narrow. Letting us know in advance will help us to plan for your delivery and avoid disruptions.
- Make sure that there’s a clear, flat and reinforced space for us to safely and carefully deliver your skip
- Mention any potential obstructions such as cars, bridges, gates, phone wires or something similar over the phone when booking
- Tell your neighbour about your skip hire plans, if you share a driveway
- Obtain a road permit if the skip needs to be placed on a public highway
- Be aware that you are not to place food waste, electronics, chemicals, tyres, asbestos and other hazardous waste into your skip